17 - 19 September, 2019
Novotel London West
+44 (0) 207 368 9465
Buy Side Only - New Data And Analytics Evaluation Day - Tuesday 17th September 2019
GETTING YOUR DATA FOUNDATION IN PLACE
11:00 am - 11:40 am All Star Panel: How can you best measure, manage and monitor your data quality to ensure it effectively supports your businesses day-to-day operational needs?
- Estimating the costs and impacts associated with poor data quality - How can data issues are affecting the top and bottom lines of firms across the industry?
- The importance of data quality - What is driving the need for data quality measurements across investment operations and how can you measure data quality?
- Tracking the effectiveness of your data - What measures should you put in place to ensure you have the right data sources, storage and analytics to add value to the front-to-back investment process?
- Implementation processes - What steps can you take to maintain the quality of your data for effective day-to-day operations?
Martin KwiatkowskiHead of Global Investment Operations
Aberdeen Standard Investments
Kurt HangaardChief Operating Officer
Henrik BestueHead of Middle Office
Nordea Investment Management
Len RandazzoPrincipal, Asset Management
11:40 am - 12:10 pm Buy Side Keynote: Defining the 3 critical success factors for building a unified investment operations data architecture that serves the needs of the front, middle and back office and achieves operational alpha
- Creating the buy side data hub - How can you easily manage complex data from multiple sources, tailor data sets for users and lower operational risk?
- Addressing the challenge of enterprise-wide data quality - What can you do to ensure your data is clean?
- How can you best collect data from multiple sources, validate the data and distribute the information to key stakeholders in a timely manner?
- The role of Chief Data Officers and Data Scientists - What is the most proficient internal set-up to manage your data sets and achieve operational efficiencies?
Naomi ClarkeInterim Chief Data Officer and Industry Expert
formerly of GAM, GLG, M&G and Credit Suisse
12:10 pm - 1:10 pm Networking Lunch
TURNING BIG DATA INTO ACTIONABLE INTELLIGENCE
1:10 pm - 1:30 pm Innovation Keynote: Extracting business intelligence from your big data - How can you incorporate powerful analytics tools to create value, make smarter decisions and deliver more effective results?
- Establishing the true value of data - How can new analytics capabilities open new frontiers for Investment Operations?
- How can you incorporate advanced analytics throughout to generate data-driven insights for advanced monitoring and running of core operations?
- Unlocking the true power of your data- How can you establish the best analytical metrics for different data sets to improve your investment decision making?
- How can you ensure your technology is flexible enough to adapt to the constantly evolving requirements of your data function?
- How to choose the best data analytics tools for the business that can help you build a smarter investment operations division
1:30 pm - 1:50 pm Keynote Interview: How to ensure your advanced analytics initiatives do not disappoint - covering the people, process and technology considerations
- How to make sure your data initiatives do not disappoint- Connecting the perceptions of management, data users, internal and external data solution providers to ensure the consistency, completeness, structural integrity and functionality of the enterprise’s data solutions
- How to assess whether it is more beneficial to have the third party managing your data in your system than hiring additional staff yourself to ensure maximum efficiency and ROI?
- What are the best ways of incorporating all the data from managers and multiple asset classes into your system in order to run the risk analytics and reporting?
- How do the external data managers manage your data and what controls do they have in place?
FINDING THE NEXT BIG THING
1:50 pm - 2:00 pm Speed Networking Roundtables: Establishing the buy side wish-list - Collaborate in your buy side working group to establish the top 3 criteria you should look out for when considering new data and analytics partnerships
Meet your roundtable: In your groups of 8-10 buy side, take the chance to introduce yourselves to each other, and collaborate to establish what the key criteria is you will all look out for adopting new data technology
2:00 pm - 2:40 pm Providers in The Spotlight: Hear from the latest and greatest data and analytics providers to see which is best placed to help you gain the information edge?
Listen to a 10 minute innovation pitch from each provider to fully understand:
ØUnique selling point
ØBuy side adoption rates
ØWhat are they doing to keep themselves ‘current’?
2:40 pm - 3:10 pm Afternoon Refreshment Break
BUY SIDE ONLY WORKING GROUPS
3:10 pm - 4:50 pm Drill Down Buy Side Evaluation Roundtables: Evaluating the latest and greatest initiatives with your buy side peers to understand who is best placed to meet your data and analytics needs
Break into groups of 6-8 buy side and sit with each platform on roundtables to engage in an open Q&A discussion with your peers Each roundtable lasts 15 minutes
Ø Roundtable 1: Eagle Investment Systems
Ø Roundtable 2: Charles River Development
Ø Roundtable 3: Taskize
Ø Roundtable 4: OpenGamma
Ø Roundtable 5: